Thursday, March 27, 2014

More from Martin on team changes and timing

Kevin Martin spoke to the Canadian Press in a story that appeared in various publications this morning, talking about his future and the timing of the recent flurry of team changes. He was disappointed that word has leaked out with a few big events left on the calendar.

"Having teams change and personnel change, that's just part of sport," he said. "That's not unusual I don't think.
"It's just unfortunate that any of these changes - and there are a lot of changes that are going to happen this year - happen before the end of the (season). That should definitely happen in May."

As for his own future, it appears the gold medallist is unsure except that he'll need a new team if and when he decides to head back to the ice. 

"I can't confirm that I'm looking for a new roster," Martin told The Canadian Press on Wednesday from Napa Valley, Calif."But I can confirm that Marc and Ben are going to curl with Kev, yeah. I haven't decided if I'm going to curl again at all."

Note that he was in Napa, Calif. Even if Marc and Benny have left him, I'm not feeling sorry for K-Mart. Not one bit. 

No comments: