Monday, January 27, 2014

Erika Brown can probably still whip Gretzky

Erika Brown has a pretty remarkable record when it comes to Olympic curling. She made her first appearance at the Games as a 15-year-old in 1988 in Calgary and is returning to the Olympics this year at 41. Of course she also played in Nagano in 1998.

In an interview with NBC Sports, the American skip reflected on her Olympic career and how the game has changed over that time period. And just for good measure, she was asked about her famous quote from back in '88 when she said she could beat Wayne Gretzky in curling.

NBCOlympics.com: Also, at the 1988 Olympics, you had a quote where you said you could beat Wayne Gretzky in curling. What was that about? 
Brown: Oh, the Internet is a wonderful and horrible tool! 
I think I said that I was sure Wayne Gretzky could beat me at hockey – I mean, no kidding – but that I could beat him in curling.Nobody forgets anything anymore!
You can read the full interview here

No comments: