Thursday, January 7, 2010

Kevin Martin teaches me curling

There's a video clip of Kevin Martin and I on the ice at High Park Curling Club yesterday where we taped a short interview and instruction segment. It's here and should be in the video player (I couldn't locate the direct link).
Kevin actually seemed a bit surprised that I could curl, I think. Guess he figures all of us writers are just sayers and not doers, which is probably the case for the majority. But he was great to do this piece and then he went over and did another one for CTV that will air during the Olympics where he tried to teach Enrico Colantoni from Flahshpoint and Leah Miller from So You Think You Can Dance Canada to curl. That didn't go as well from a skill standpoint.
It's nice to see these guys having some fun before the Olympics and helping to extend the reach of curling beyond the traditional audiences

No comments: