Saturday, March 14, 2009

Notes from another night of watching curling


So last night I had to go out for the evening so I PVRed the game. It was neat to be able to fast forward through all the commercials and even put the first few rocks of every end on fast speed. I wonder if TSN has thought about Brier Game-In-An-Hour like they do with the Raptors. Hard to imagine they boys could top Thursday night’s game, but Friday’s was another classic.

Speaking of commercials, what do the folks in charge of promoting future curling events do when they decide to make theirs? Call up the local high school TV production class? It’s embarrassing, really. Shots of old fat people in eight-year-old fleece sweaters sitting in their seats clapping makes me want to rush to the phone and order tickets for the Scotties/Brier/Worlds/Trials.

Gal who impressed me last night: Linda Moore. She was spot-on in her comments throughout the evening.

Here’s a link to this morning’s Globe column I wrote. It’s on a subject that’s extremely emotional for some, changes to the Brier. All you Northern Ontario folks be very afraid.

No comments: