Tuesday, February 10, 2015

What's next for Stoughton?

He was the last of the Big Three left standing but after Kevin Martin retired last year and Glenn Howard was knocked off early in the Ontario playdowns, it was just Jeff Stoughton. The 11-time Manitoba champion, who is 51, made it as far as the semi-finals in Manitoba before being sent to the Patch by the McEwen rink. 

Jim Bender of the Winnipeg Sun caught up with Stoughton and asked the grizzled veteran the obvious question for grizzled veterans: What's next?

“I have no idea,” he replied. “I was laughing because they (TV) asked me about it and I said before the game, in the first end or the second end, I said, 'Wow, do I really want to feel like this?' Because you're nervous and you're excited and it's a different feeling, for sure. It's always been a great feeling that you can't get enough of sometimes.” 
Suffice to say, Stoughton has yet to make a decision.

No comments: