Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Muirhead on why she chose curling instead of golf

Eve Muirhead is playing golf with the big boys this week, teeing off at the European Tour's biggest event of the year, the BMW PGA Championship. She's playing in the celebrity pro-am ahead of the tournament. That means she'll be playing alongside the likes of Ernie Els, Graeme McDowell and Sergio Garcia.

Muirhead, for those who don't know, is a scratch golfer who had scholarship offers from U.S. schools. But she elected to pursue curling instead of golf. 

Why?

"I knew I had the potential in curling to be at the top of the game. I knew a handful of golfers who made it to the top, to professional level, and that would have meant I'd have to move away and not curl at all," she said. 
"I can be the best in the world, I know that if I put in the work I'm hopefully going to get the rewards at the end of it," she added, when asked what the one main attraction to curling was.

No comments: