Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Morris to skip Team Canada, Bailey to fill in for Rycroft


Yup. Just a few weeks after announcing he was going to take the year off, Johnny Mo is back. In a release from the CCA, Morris said has agreed to skip the three remaining Team Canada players although the schedule will be quite limited. 

“My plan was to take the 2014-15 season off as I move ahead in my career as a firefighter,” said Morris, a resident of Chestermere, Alta., just outside of Calgary. “But to be able to play for Team Canada, and considering the Alberta events are so close to home, it was hard to pass up on this offer. I talked it over with Jim, Tyrel and Rick and they were very understanding. I can’t thank them enough for the season we had, and I wish them nothing but the very best going forward.”

As well, Carter Rycroft will be appearing in a limited fashion for the team, with Scott Bailey taking his place outside of the Brier, Canada Cup and Continental Cup.

The announcement comes after Kevin Koe left the team. Many expected Kevin Martin to take over but he retired after last weekend's Grand Slam. 




No comments: