The news has been out for a bit now, but in case you haven't heard, Ron Burgundy is coming to the Roar of the Rings. The famed Channel 4 newsman will join Vic, Russ and Linda in the booth for a game in Winnipeg and also to promote the upcoming Anchorman 2 movie.
Here's the release from TSN on what should be a memorable appearance in the booth.
TSN and the Canadian Curling Association confirmed Sunday that new TSN sportscaster Ron Burgundy will make his Canadian broadcasting debut during the opening day of the Tim Hortons Roar of the Rings on Sunday, Dec. 1 beginning at 2pm et/11am pt. The announcement was made during TSN's broadcast of the 101st Grey Cup.
Live from Winnipeg, Burgundy will join TSN's fellow "legendary" curling broadcaster Vic Rauter to call live game action during the network's coverage of the Tim Hortons Roar of the Rings opening draw.
"Marked by the gods of broadcasting and placed into this shimmering green sphere like a golden egg in hay, chosen like an unclean jackal by Noah himself, I accept your hallowed task and sing out with a battle cry worthy of your love and your wisdom," said Burgundy. "And that song is, 'Winnipeg, get ready to paint the town Burgundy!'"
"It's an honour to work with such an esteemed colleague," said Rauter. "I'm a huge fan of his work. Who are we talking about again?"
One of the biggest events in Canadian curling, Tim Hortons Roar of the Rings determines which team will represent Canada at the Sochi 2014 Winter Olympic Games. TSN has complete coverage of Tim Hortons Roar of the Rings from December 1 through to the finals on December 7 and 8. Ron Burgundy is featured in Paramount Pictures' Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues, opening in theatres everywhere on Dec. 20.
As well, in honour of Ron's Canadian debut, here are the 25 best lines from Anchorman 1:
25. “He had a voice that could make a wolverine purr and suits so fine they made Sinatra look like a hobo.” — Narrator
24. “I immediately regret this decision.” — Ron Burgundy
23. “I’ll have a Manhattan. And kick the vermouth to the side with a pair of steel-toed boots.” — Veronica Corningstone
22. “I love scotch. Scotchy scotch scotch. Here it goes down, down into my belly.” — Ron Burgundy
21. “Oh, I can barely lift my right arm ’cause I did so many. I don’t know if you heard me counting. I did over a thousand.” — Ron Burgundy
20. “Discovered by the Germans in 1904, they named it San Diego, which of course in German means ‘a whale’s vagina.’” — Ron Burgundy
19. “It’s terrible. She has beautiful eyes, and her hair smells like cinnamon!” — Ron Burgundy
18. “Baxter, is that you? Baxter! Bark twice if you’re in Milwaukee.” — Ron Burgundy
17. ” There were horses, and a man on fire, and I killed a guy with a trident.” — Brick Tamland
16. “You are a smelly pirate hooker. Why don’t you go back to your home on Whore Island?” — Ron Burgundy
15. “I read somewhere their periods attract bears. Bears can smell the menstruation.” — Brick Tamland
14. “Well if you were a man, I’d punch you. Punch you right in the mouth.” — Ron Burgundy
13. “I’m very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.” — Ron Burgundy
12. “You look like a blueberry.” — Veronica Corningstone
11. “The human torch was denied a bank loan.” — Ron Burgundy
10. “It is anchor, not anchor . And that is a scientific fact.” — Champ Kind
9. “I would like to extend to you an invitation to the pants party.” — Brick Tamland
8. “[I'll] take your mother, Dorothy Mantooth, out for a nice seafood dinner and never call her again.” — Champ Kind
7. “It’s so damn hot. Milk was a bad choice.” — Ron Burgundy
6. “What? You pooped in the refrigerator? And you ate the whole wheel of cheese? How’d you do that? Heck, I’m not even mad; that’s amazing.” — Ron Burgundy
5. “Don’t act like you’re not impressed.” — Ron Burgundy
4. “They’ve done studies, you know. 60 percent of the time, it works every time.” — Brian Fantana
3. “I’m in a glass case of emotion!” — Ron Burgundy
2. “You know I don’t speak Spanish.” — Ron Burgundy
1. “I love lamp.” — Brick Tamland