Wednesday, November 4, 2009

The hunt for new gear

Today is a big day for me. I’m heading out to buy curling pants. Whoo-hooo.

As I mentioned in a previous blog, after a three-year absence from the ice due to injuries and driving my hockey-playing son all over Southwestern Ontario, I’m back throwing rocks. And I need new, updated gear.

At the Hershey Centre a couple of weeks back, they had a media game (only myself and Brian Mudryk showed up) and after I threw on the ice and was walking back towards the dressing room, Scott Taylor noticed my shoes and almost broke out into laughter.

“We haven’t made those in 10 years,” he said of my generation 1 Balance Plus dogs. A few years ago, Scott graciously gave me a broom but I lost that in the divorce (don’t ask). So I’m ordering up new shoes and a new broom from Balance Plus. Only the best for me.

Now also in that three-year interim, my waistline has shrunk significantly (thanks to me taking up running and laying off the wings) and so the old pants won’t stay up.

Those pants, by the way, were purchased from Earle Hushagen’s pro shop at Humber Highland, so those in Toronto have an idea of how old they are.

So. . . any recommendations on the best kind of curling pants to get?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm a fan of the Goldline GLX pants. Super comfy.

Marc

Unknown said...

Ultima stretch curling pants; give in two directions without giving out.